Friday, January 16, 2009

Job Well Done???

I know many of you have passed this point in blog world, but as I have been saying I have been lost. So for the sake of my catching up with you, here it is. Pretty much the only people who read my blog know where I'm coming from on this, so, I feel free shouting out how I feel. For those of you who are not familiar, you can skip this post and not hurt my feelings :)

Let me start by saying I have been blessed with great friends and leaders over this last phase of life transition. Wednesday night during one of our coveted prayer sessions, one of those great friends and leaders compiled a much prayed over and edited playlist for our worship and prayer setting. In that playlist was the following song:

"When I Speak Your Name"
VERSE 1
Jesus, the most beautiful name of all names
Jesus, the only name that brings healing and strength
When I speak Your Name, mountains move, chains are loosed
When I speak Your Name, darkness flees, it has no hold on me

CHORUS
Jesus, the most beautiful name that I know
You’re the exalt- ed One
Jesus, You have the power alone
You lift the lone- ly one, Je- sus

VERSE 2
Jesus, the most wonderful name of all names
Jesus, the only name that brings freedom and hope
When I speak Your Name, mountains move, chains are loosed
When I speak Your Name, darkness flees, it has no hold on me

(1st ending)
You lift the lone- ly one
(Repeat Chorus)

(2nd ending)
You lift the lone- ly one, Je- sus

CHORUS 2
Be exalted, be exalted, be exalted higher and higher
Be exalted, be exalted, be exalted higher and higher
Be exalted, be exalted, be exalted higher and higher
Be exalted, be exalted, be exalted higher and higher



"What is my point?" you ask??? Well, I had a revelation during this song that I had not had ever before. I thought I'd had closure until this very moment when the words of this song brought healing and enlightenment to my inner self that has been resisting and holding on to visions mixed with personal feelings for too long now.

What if this group was sent here to learn how to pray, enabled to tear down strongholds through prayer, write His name on this mountain, loose the chains tied to this drowning community, to cause darkness to flee releasing it's hold of oppression on these people...what if?

Maybe part of the great calling was the willingness to be enabled for great impact on a place to be inhabited by others, walking away to open up a released mountain for the work God has enabled another for in this place! A work that is so important for the kingdom that this mountain needed preparation in advance by those willing to give it up and hand it over as sacred holy ground!

His name covers the walls and none can deny the change in the spiritual realm that took place by His name being engraved on a ground dedicated to His greater purpose. Melanie once shared an epiphany in the latter days before the changes started to take place, with regards to our being called to serve there because of the ministry we could have to the oppressed! What if it was to free the hill in His name?

What if our being called on to other ministry is God giving us the go ahead because the task is completed and another job is now prepared for us as well as another group prepared for this place, our job well done?

What if the visions we have seen and tasted of for this place are all to come to pass because of our willingness to roll up our sleeping bags, having stayed long enough on this mountain? I think we all can agree that the visions we have had are for this people and this community and this church. I doubt many of us ever contemplated not being there for that fruition, but it will happen just the same because of obedience!

As the song states, His name brings hope, healing, strength, and freedom...take Him with you and lift oppression in His name as you walk where you have been led.

I truly love each of you, and am confidently awaiting next orders from on High!

3 comments:

Melanie said...

Yes!

Remember how Abraham's father settled in Haran (named for his dead son)? I was reading about that and learned that several cities in that area were named after Abraham's ancestors. The town of Haran is the name of his brother. There was a city called Til Turahi (Mound of Terah) named after Abraham's father, Terah. There was a city called Til Nakhiria (Mound of Nahor) named after Abraham's grandfather, Nahor. And there was a city called Sargi named after Abraham's great-grandfather, Serug.

Yet we never hear of a city named after Abraham even though there was a land God promised to him and his offspring forever. "By faith he [Abraham] made his home in the promised land like a stranger in a foreign country; he lived in tents" (Heb. 11:9). Even Israel was named after the name God gave Jacob, not his own name.

Back to our situation: We have prayed too fervently for God's glory to be seen for there to be something built there that can be attributed to one person or one group of people.

All that we have sown is in the capable hands of the Lord of the Harvest, and He is faithful
to complete what He began. If we hold on too tightly to what He entrusted to us, we settle for significantly smaller than what He intended for us to have.

God Almighty will multiply our "offspring" and enlarge our territory and our descendants will inherit the land.

terah said...

I need to visit Til Turahi...lol. Named after me prolly :) Thanks for some confirmation as always!

angel2454 said...

Well, I like it. I think that none of us wanted to leave, but I like you have felt like the Lord has wanted us to pick up our sleeping bags and go forth and fetch Mulan. So sister as we do this we will go with a light heart knowing that God never promises something that He does not deliver!!!! Wooo Huu