Thursday, January 1, 2009

Thoughts of a Troubled Mind

Thoughts of a troubled mind
Current mood: depressed
Category: Life

As the year has come full circle and we are heading full force into 2009, I find myself not looking to the future as much as contemplating the past. Decisions made, roads taken, friendships made, ties broken, etc... are some of the things that have brought me to the place I am now. The reason I look at 2009 with the perspective that I do, is partly due to my choices and partly due to things out of my control, as with everyone.

I know of several things in my past that I wish I had done differently, and yet since it is not possible to turn back time, I am stuck with how that will affect every aspect of the rest of my life. At a very young age we have the ability to screw up with no way of fixing it by the time we realize what we have done. The cosmic detrimental door that has been opened is now blown from the hinges never to be shut again.

Where does one go from here? If there is no reverse and no time travel, how do we live with the mess? It cannot be cleaned up the stain was quick and irreversible, so why are we given such power so young? Is it that we should have more wisdom at a younger age, or that life throws us off for the simple purpose of continual struggle which leads to growth, or is there a purpose I do not see that you could shed light on for me?

1 comment:

Melanie said...

The question is not how to find the purpose of why things happened in the past that cause us so much pain and grief today. The question is how to make those things in the past work toward your God-ordained purpose. That's redemption!

These statements you made are not true: "At a very young age we have the ability to screw up with no way of fixing it by the time we realize what we have done." "If there is no reverse and no time travel, how do we live with the mess? It cannot be cleaned up the stain was quick and irreversible."

Here is the truth:

Put your hope in the LORD, for with the LORD is unfailing love and with Him is full redemption. (Ps. 130:7)

In Him we were also chosen, having been predestined according to the plan of Him who works out everything in conformity with the purpose of His will. (Eph. 1:11)

I am the Alpha and the Omega, says the Lord God, who is (The I AM), and who was (The I AM of your past), and who is to come (The I AM of your future), the Almighty. (Rev. 1:8)